Move out time is no later than Noon on the last day of your lease. As your lease states, you must pay rent through the end of the month, and the security deposit may not be applied toward rent.
LEAVE ON ALL UTILITIES: Your lease states that you must pay for utilities through the last day of your lease, whether or not you are still living there. Utilities will be transferred only on the last day of your lease.
Your lease states that your property must be PROFESSIONALLY CLEANED. All cleaning must include:
- Remove all picture hooks from the walls.
- Clean stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, washer, dryer, and kitchen cabinets inside and out.
- Defrost refrigerator and clean it inside and out.
- Clean out all closets; remove all items including hangers.
- Clean bathrooms thoroughly; toilet, tub, sink, cabinets, vanity, walls, floors.
- All light bulbs must be working or replaced and HVAC filters replaced.
- Have carpets professionally shampooed and hardwoods mopped and wiped down, including baseboards.
- All walls, moldings, fans, light fixtures, blinds dusted and wiped down.
- Leave premises undamaged, beyond normal wear and tear.
IF YOU DO NOT CLEAN ADEQUATELY, YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT WILL BE CHARGED A MINIMUM FEE OF $ 150.
Bulk items must be removed from the property by the TENANT. The City of Charleston will only take what fits into the trash can. Any fines issued to owner for improper trash procedures will be YOUR responsibility to pay. Questions about trash and bulk item pickup by the City should be referred to Dan Riccio, M.A. Director of Livability: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you like to meet with one of our property managers after the property is completely vacant and cleaned for an inspection. This can only be done by appointment and also scheduled at least 7 days prior to the move out, call 843-723-2763. Per your lease, the inspection is done Mon-Fri from 9am to 5pm. If you are not present, you agree with our assessment of cleaning and/or damage assessments to your deposit.
Security deposit, less applicable damages or fees, will be returned to you at your forwarding address no later than 30 days after the move out inspection.